Fleet Defender is a leading platform cybersecurity company that is paving the way with innovations in artificial intelligence powered cyber defenses for vehicular, maritime, aviation, and space systems. Fleet Defender detects anomalies and cyber intrusions in embedded system-of-systems and stops the attack prior to loss of mission, reputation, and life. We are looking to grow our company and grow with the smartest people in the world!
We are looking for an exceptional senior embedded software engineer and technical leader for an exciting and fun role on our Platform Development Team. You will work with advanced current and future generations of Fleet Defender technologies and devices. You will join a team whose mission is to develop robust, secure, and powerful systems deployed world-wide. If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design and develop embedded software architectures and applications.
- Conduct integration and system-level testing.
- Triage and debug various software issues in complex embedded system applications.
What We Need to See:
- B.S. or M.S. (or equivalent experience) in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related field.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in C, C++, and Python.
- Experience developing and using Board Support Packages (BSP’s).
- Proven experience with embedded system development and embedded Linux.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and fantastic attitude with the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience developing embedded system software applications, Linux device drivers, and real-time operating system components.
- Hand-on experience with board bring up and code optimization.
- Experience with embedded networking protocols (CAN, J1939, Modbus, RS-422, etc.)
- Experience deriving low level software requirements from high level customer requirements.
- Understanding of FPGA technologies and HDL’s (VHDL, Verilog, etc.).
- Understanding of machine learning technologies.